Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 4 month old decreased feedings

Default 4 month old decreased feedings

I am a 1st time momma and needing a little affirmation just to know things are okay. For the past 3 days or so my LO, now 4 months old, has seemed to be less interested in nursing. He normally eats 8 times a day and has dropped 1-2 feedings the past few days. He is still happy and seems satisfied. He still has 6+ wet diapers and 1-3 poopy diapers each day. He is pretty nosy these days and likes to look around while nursing. Maybe this is just a phase. Like I said, I think all is well, but just need everyone else's opinion.

Default Re: 4 month old decreased feedings

Totally normal! Just keep an eye on dipes for wets and poops if you're worried, but that's actually really common at this age.

DD did that around 4 months, and then picked those feedings up again a month or so later.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

This resource might be helpful
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks so much for the affirmation that everything is totally normal! I'll keep an eye on his wet and dirty diapers. Thanks again!