Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pulling nipple

Default Pulling nipple

My 6 mo LO has started pulling on my nipple and shaking his head back & forth. Any idea what's going on? How to handle it?
    SAHM to DS1 (Jan. 08) and DS2 (Jan. 10)

Usually

Default Re: Pulling nipple

by that age they think that your a drive thru Sorry, I'm sure this really hurts you. It will probably end soon. They are just more on the go and they want their food that way too.
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

If it is being pulled backwards, that is usually a sign of gas. If it is being pulled side-to-side, take LO off and burp him.

Yes, he's much more interested in his surroundings and that's probably part of the problem. Thanks I'll try burping him.
    SAHM to DS1 (Jan. 08) and DS2 (Jan. 10)

Usually

Does your LO seem upset or frustrated? Or does it seem more like playing/experimenting?

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I feel your pain! My LO has just started doing this in the last 3 days. I think he is playing more than anything. If I look down he will grin at me..granted I don't grin back. I was actually browsing the board looking to see if this was normal. I'm gonna assume that it is since I see I am not the only one dealing with this.