Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Thrush.... so now what?

Default Re: It's Thrush.... so now what?

Here's a resource that may help you and here's another (pumped milk)
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

We dealt with some pretty crummy thrush when my youngest was a little baby. For me, gentian violet and grape fruit seed extract saved my butt. Dr. Newman has some GREAT info on thrush (it's what I used to get rid of my thrush) and I cannot find the link right now!!! I used GFSE to wash everything and thankfully we didn't contract it again. Many hugs to you!

So it is possible to get rid of thrush? I'm sterilizing, washing in hot water, finally gave up on nyastatin and switched to gentian violet for this bout of thrush (we're on our 4th bout) and the dr's in this community told me there is no real way to cure it, it's just a matter of managing it until her own antibodies start taking over. Is there any truth to this??
    born 03/24/11, and and
    born 03/21/08 Breastfed for 2 yrs, and still when needed

Hummingbird. I sure hope it goes awy! But, I think it already is. By our 2nd day on the Nystatin, all the white was gone in her mouth. Dr. said to keep on treating for 3- 4 more days. We ARE going to beat this! Good luck to you too!
    [/SIGPIC]FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Mommy to Haley 6/20/2000- BF- 1 year
    Ella 2/20/2008- BF- 111 months