Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medication concerns

Default Medication concerns

I am not sure where this should be posted, but I am sure it will be moved if it is in the wrong place!

Last Monday, I had to start taking Flagial (a very strong antibiotic/anti-parisitic medication.) I was told that it does past through the breast milk, but that it didn't have an effect on the baby. However, my appetite has increased by leaps and bounds, I am hungry all the time while on this med. Now in the last three days, Rebecca (my 7 month old) can't seem to eat enough. She is eating 2-3 ice cubes of food mixed with oatmeal per meal and nurses for a long time. Does anyone else have experience with this? I am concerned that it may have other effects and I am getting worried.

Also, does anyone else know if parisites and bacteria can past to the baby through BM? Just curious!
    Wife to Timothy (August 5, 2000), Mother to Kaitlyn Rose (June 11, 2006) and Rebecca Abigail (January 4, 2008)

Default Re: Medication concerns

does the med have a diffent name?

I did a quick search and didn't find it...

Flagyl (metronidazole)

sorry about that, I didn't have the medication in front of me when I typed it!
    Wife to Timothy (August 5, 2000), Mother to Kaitlyn Rose (June 11, 2006) and Rebecca Abigail (January 4, 2008)

http://66.230.33.248/discus/messages/40/131536.html

heres something from dr hales web site...