Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best type of pump for use at work?

Default Best type of pump for use at work?

Hello all,

I have a trial run on Monday at work so will need to take my pumping equip. I have a Lansinoh manual one but I'm starting to think about investing in a double one as it might be quicker. I don't know how practical this would be though as it may be difficult for me to have total privacy so I thought maybe my single manual one would be easier to disguise under my shirt if someone walked in.
    Just wondering what other mums have used. Are the double ones cumbersome?

Many thanks

Default Re: Best type of pump for use at work?

I couldn't imagine not using a double pump at work - much faster - get them both done at once I also used a hands free nursing corset and nursing cover when pumping. If people did walk in on me, they looked at me and asked "what's that noise?" meaning the pump!! No one was the wiser and I just worked at my computer the whole time. HTH.

I used a manual at work because it worked better for me. I could control the suction better and it was easier to clean. But I have a lockable door on my office so I wasn't too concerned with privacy.

It depends on you, really, and what you need. I suppose you could try things out with the manual you've already got and upgrade to the electric one if you feel like you need it.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thank you. I'll see how the manual pump goes first and get the double one if needed. I like the look of the trendy Medela 'Pump In Style'. Bit pricey though !!
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

I bought a double electricla pump for when I was planning on going back to work. If you can get what you need w/your manual, more power to you
    But I figuered a double electric gives you the ability to be hands free (w/a pumping bra) and get work done while you pump. I bought the Lansinoh double electric which allows you to control speed and suction. I love it.
    First time mom of Cristiana Veronika

Born on 1/26/08 (@ 36 wks) weighing 5 lbs 14 oz

and

+ = happy baby