Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breast Pain, Please Help!

Default Breast Pain, Please Help!

Since Sunday I have been having a pain in my right breast. It seems to be in one location, underneath on the outer right side. I can't seem to locate the specific spot with massage, it must be very deep in the tissue. I have no pain while nursing. I thought this might have started because I wore an underwire on Sunday, but it is not going away. The pain is most noticeable when I bend over or have my bra off. I have never had any infections, and I have only had moderate fullness lately no engorgement. What could this be?

H
    Proud Mommy of Zachary Patrick 02/11/08
    1 month
    2 months
    3 months
    4 months
    5 months
    6 months

Overcame relactation, started EBM in bottle at 3 1/2 weeks, and started nursing at 10 weeks!

Default Re: Breast Pain, Please Help!

Could be a clogged duct... try warm compresses or let the warm shower run on it a bit. Also, make sure lo feeds plenty from that side, to hopefully unclog it, also might help to change baby's nursing position to be sure he's sucking from that area...I'm sure other mamas will have some more advice on this too. Usually they don't take too long to get rid of, but can be really painful. If you run a fever or start feeling really sick, call your dr.
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...

If you had a clog there, sometimes the tissue itself is bruised, even after the clog is gone. That may be what you're feeling.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Shannon,
    Thanks for the info. It still feels that way some. More so today, when lo slept in I got a little fuller than usual. (Always on the verge of OS)
    I have pumped several times very well this weekend while LO was gone, so I just can't see a clog. I dread weaning.... I will be miserable!
    Proud Mommy of Zachary Patrick 02/11/08
    1 month
    2 months
    3 months
    4 months
    5 months
    6 months

Overcame relactation, started EBM in bottle at 3 1/2 weeks, and started nursing at 10 weeks!