Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not gaining well

Default Re: not gaining well

I think 18lbs at 8 months is not bad. My boy was 18.4lbs at 8 month and down to 18lbs at 9 months. Scale at his pediatrician and his family doctor office are different too. I was worried about my boy too when he's about 11-12 months old that he didn't gain weight or get taller. Now he is 14 months and I kind of stop measuring his weight because he doesn't seem to gain weight each month but he's getting taller again and doesn't look slimmer. So I'm not sure what's going on with measuring his weight. I think if your boy looks healthy, develops according to each milestone, you should not be worried much about it.

Default Re: not gaining well

Here's my thought - only armed with the info you've shared... your baby is growing at his rate. They do not keep a steady weight gain rate any time. They fluctuate. TO take one time of a weight loss (allbeit only 1 oz) and say your supply is low isn't going to help your sanity... makes mama worry more than she needs to.

FWIW when my youngest was sick last year (around this time ) with Roseola he lost 1 lb in 1 week. 1 lb! DId my doc freak - no because she knew since he was getting nursed that whole time (the only thing he'd take ) and was fighting off big nasty virus he would bounce back soon - and he did...

Your sons weight is good for his age... (see more here and here)

It is common for babies to be distractable in one area or every area have you seen this resource?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.