Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: breast pump?

Default breast pump?

i think ive finally figured it out why i havent been able to get my supply up and get the results i wanted. it all comes down to the pump i have. actually one that is considered the worst. so i called the local hospital to ask about renting a breast pump. i told my husband that my pump is just worthless, he said well buy another. i said well thats good im renting a hospital one, just for a month and im sure i will have my supply up without the need for supplement bottles. another thing i havent tried and was hoping some of you could help is taking herbs. which ones have you used and how much did you take etc.. what worked for you to get your milk supply up

Default Re: breast pump?

Great idea to rent a better pump!

Here is some information about herbal galactagogues: http://www.lowmilksupply.org/increas...tagogues.shtml

Good luck!
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Renting a pump is wonderful if you only have to use it for a short time. If you are planning on using one for awhile (which I hope you don't have to), then I would suggest purchasing a medela PIS advance. Don't buy the avent ISIS uno....I have it and it was horrible!

i do have one of the medela hand pumps from my second hospital stay, the one i was using was an evenflo pump, it was a gift and well its not all its supposed to be its been retired to the trash can. i told my husband its useless. up front it was a bit more to rent the hospital one i had to buy the tubing but the actual rental of the pump isnt that much considering the cost of a can of enfamil powder formula. im bf trevor each feeding but still having to supplement like 2 ozs each feeding so if i can get my supply up just a bit more we will no longer need to supplement. i have to take trevor today to the drs so while im out i plan to stop at the gnc in the mall and get some herbs.