Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby loves unhealthy food, need advices.

Default Baby loves unhealthy food, need advices.

My boy will turn 14 months in less than a week. After he reached one year old, my partner's started feeding him unhealthy solid food like processed salty chicken, fries, ice cream, sweet snack, cookies, and pop corn, while I'm trying to cook him heathy food like scramble eggs, smoothies, unsalted chicken ball, rice chick soup, grilled cheese sandwich, and so on. But my boy loves food that his dad gives him and doesn't like to try the healthy food I cook for him. I hardly eats vegetable anymore. I still breastfeed him often but still I don't want him to continue eating unhealthy food. My partner agree not to feed him much of unhealthy food anymore. However now when I try to feed my boy an healthy, not so tasty food (because no salt or sugar), he won't eat it at all. What should I do? How could I change his habit from eating unhealthy food to eating healthy food instead? Thanks.

Default Re: Baby loves unhealthy food, need advices.

Well the first thing you "should: do is get it clear to your partner that a healthy diet now will almost ensure a healthy/ier diet for him (DS) as an adult and we all know why that's important. Maybe Strike a compromise to say you both sit down together and make a weekly/daily menu. THat way you can both be involved? Worth a shot.

WAIT- I just read a portion of your post I missed before - that your partner agreed SO in that case just continue to offer your DS healthy options and in time he'll take to it. If you don't have the unhealthy stuff in the house they don't ask for it...

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Yup, just don't keep junk in the house. He won't starve! He'll eat the healthy stuff eventually.

you can turn it around mama! good advice from pp's!

Baby's follow our lead. You and dh have to set good examples by eating healthy. If you're eating healthy and not keeping junk in the house, it will become "normal" again for him
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    If you don't have the unhealthy stuff in the house they don't ask for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jjgj.28 View Post
    Yup, just don't keep junk in the house. He won't starve! He'll eat the healthy stuff eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    Baby's follow our lead. You and dh have to set good examples by eating healthy. If you're eating healthy and not keeping junk in the house, it will become "normal" again for him

Yes, yes, yes!

If the "non healthy" food isn't in the house, then it's not an option.

And LO definitely learn by example!
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

My boys usta eat so good until they could pick what they wanted from their plate. I made sure that I kept offering it. Some days I thought it was a real waste and I slacked on offering it. Just remember they will go thru fazes... sometimes there will be weeks where thats all they want, (for my boys is green beans now) and sometimes they wont touch it. Just try to make it a positive experience.
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

I agree with the previous posters - just keep offering him the healthy food. He won't starve. He will eat when he's hungry and he figures out that junk is not being offered anymore.
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

Thanks for all advices, next grocery shopping will be only for healthy food