Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pics of first solids ...

Default pics of first solids ...

we started my little one on avo this morning, it was hillarious - he DID NOT like this 'stuff' in his mouth ...

ok, now my question is ... when do i try again and how long to i persist with one type of food, in this case avo ...
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

Default Re: pics of first solids ...

maybe try again in about a week...let him pick it up and mess w/ it
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*marla View Post
    we started my little one on avo this morning, it was hillarious - he DID NOT like this 'stuff' in his mouth ...

ok, now my question is ... when do i try again and how long to i persist with one type of food, in this case avo ...
    DD did the same thing at 6 months. We tried everyday. We started day 1 with avocado and she didnt really like it. On day two we tried banana and she loved it. As long as we stuck to sweeter foods at first she was totally happy. We didnt do the 7 day rule or whatever we just tried a bunch of different things.

In the first week we did avocado, banana, watermelon, sweet potato and carrots. She still doesnt like avocado that much but likes everything else.

Here's a link that offers more info regarding what and whne and how

. The theory behind waiting a few days before introducing a new food is if there is a reaction you'll know which food did it... I recommend that method highly!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

We started DS (6mos) with avocado this week. The first time we gave him it he hated it also, his face looked the same as your LO . The next day I tried mixing it with a little EBM and he loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    Here's a link that offers more info regarding what and whne and how

. The theory behind waiting a few days before introducing a new food is if there is a reaction you'll know which food did it... I recommend that method highly!
    also it may take a few more trys then you think before they realize that they 'like' the food that you are giving them. it think i read 10-12 trys before totally ruling a food as 'not liked'... dd wasn't a big fan of anything green, well peas and green bean, she likes avo,... we mix a little apples in with the green stuff and she eats it right up. sometimes it takes a few trys.

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in

thanx everyone ... we gave it a rest today, i just gave him some dry mango to 'chew' on for the gums and he loved it!!

will attempt avo again tomorrow - we're going to buy his highchair today, so then he'll be able to 'play' with it as well ...

fun and games ...