Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here comes school time - and the tears....

Default Re: Here comes school time - and the tears....

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Differjean View Post
    Tomorrow is the day. I hate that someone else gets to see my baby everyday.

We're counting my DD's little mini steps as her first steps though. We got to see that at least.

While I still have a week, I understand!! I wish you the best this week as you and your lo adjust to the new schedule. I hope that all goes smoothly tomorrow - and while I am sure the tears will come - remind yourself of all the good reasons you are doing this. (and you can remind me next week ) I always think as I head to school, "May I treat my students the way I hope my kids are being treated while I am at work." That helps me to try and focus on my students....until that end of the day bell rings and then I am running out the door to see my kids!
    -ing Mom to:
    Breanna 2/26/02 BF 2 months
    Bailey 9/19/05 BF 6 months
    Brayden 4/3/08 BF 4 months and counting

I love this site!!
    's to all the Mommies out there

to all.

I teared up while shopping for school supplies on Saturday.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Back to work today and pumping as I type. Since DD is 12mos I'm hoping to pump wean in the next week or so. She only nurses before her nap so it shouldn't be hard thankfully.

And, honestly today hasn't been too bad. She said bye to me as I left and she's home with DH today (he doesn't go back for another few weeks). Actually Friday was WAY worse. I was tearing up thinking about it being our last day together all alone. I was a mess (probably exhaustion and hormones contributing to that). But no tears today and just joy at the anticipation of returning home to her sweet face at 4:30!
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

My husband told me about a Simpsons episode that he said helps him get through the work days. http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/And_Maggie_Makes_Three

I need to print a "Do it for Her" sign and hang it in my office.

DD had a rough day..she wouldn't take her morning nap. Then they had a fire drill (it's a senior citizen apartment complex). Obviously she. really didn't like the fire drill. She did eventually pass out and sleep for two hours. She was really jumpy this evening. I guess the drill really did upset her. I tried to start her on formula last week, but she has refused it every time, so I guess I'll be pumping for at least two more months. Hopefully, she'll take whole milk well or not need milk while I'm gone at 12mos.

As for me, I did okay. I cried a lot last night and early this morning. I did better once I got to school. They made almost all the teachers go to a training so there were only a few of us there and we got to work in our rooms the whole time. At least I got something done. I'm SO glad they didn't make me go to the training because I'm pretty sure it was a waste of time and I would have been more upset. Also, there weren't tons of teachers to constantly ask me how DD is. My sister came over to help in my classroom for community service credit, so that helped too.
    Edit/Delete Message
    Jennifer (30) DH (38)
    DD 10/9/07 Abigail for 15 months and survived 6mos of at work.
    DS Ethan 5/14/10 for almost 15mos and at school(teacher) and entire school year...10 months.
    Taking a break from until my next baby...TBA.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilbirdie22 View Post
    Actually Friday was WAY worse. I was tearing up thinking about it being our last day together all alone. I was a mess (probably exhaustion and hormones contributing to that). But no tears today and just joy at the anticipation of returning home to her sweet face at 4:30!
    I can completely relate - this is my last week - and I think I am trying so hard to spend as much "quality" time as possible with my los but also get ready for school that at times it is more stressful. I am sure that I will be a mess on Friday since Monday is my first day.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Differjean View Post
    DD had a rough day..she wouldn't take her morning nap. Then they had a fire drill (it's a senior citizen apartment complex). Obviously she. really didn't like the fire drill. She did eventually pass out and sleep for two hours. She was really jumpy this evening. I guess the drill really did upset her. I tried to start her on formula last week, but she has refused it every time, so I guess I'll be pumping for at least two more months. Hopefully, she'll take whole milk well or not need milk while I'm gone at 12mos.

Edit/Delete Message
    I am so sorry that your DD had such a rough day. I pray that tomorrow goes better! Also, I know that you were hoping not to pump, but I hope you are able to fall into a routine at school that makes pumping easier.
    -ing Mom to:

I love this site!!

This is my last week, also. I am trying to balance quality time w/ my toddler, getting ready for school and getting my 7 week old to adjust to a new schedule. I'm most nervous about my toddler (I already put him second to the baby's needs) and about getting out of the house in the a.m.

Hope everyone's first week is ok!

Awww, you guys make me feel so sad about leaving my lo for the first time. I am worried because I am leaving him with my mil and she is not familiar with the whole bf thing. I have to admit when I first encountered EBM I found it kind of yucky considering it was my professor's. I baby sat for her with both of her infants. When she came home she and I would talk while she fed the baby and she got me comfortable with it. She is one of the reasons I chose to bf. I really don't want to leave him with anyone. I wasn't going to go to work at all but we REALLY need the money. Plus I just graduated and would really like to use my degree (teacher). I don't like the idea of pumping at school and am affraid I wont have time because I'm a first year teacher. I went to set up my room today and have no idea where to start. I took lo with me and basically spent the time walking the halls with him. He is my first and I am determined he will get bm only though I was a formula baby (nothing against it at all of course). I have been crying for the past couple of weeks. Ever since I got the job really. I go to work on the 19th and lo will be three months on the 20th. I am starting to stress and I believe it is even starting to hurt my milk supply. Reading all of your posts made me want to cry and yet much s to all of you. I just can't wait till Christmas for sure!!! X presents lol I will have my baby!!!
    Married Collage Sweetheart June 30, 2007
    Started Student Teaching Spring 2008
    Graduated May 3 2008
    Gave Birth to Ethan Bradley May 20, 2008
    & for 14 months
    Gave Birth to Penelope Star June 22, 2011 & & cloth diapers all the way with this one

I feel for you mommystar. At least you have your mil to watch your lo so you don't have to take him to daycare. I hope your mil respects your choice to bf (good for you, by the way). I have found most people to be ok w/ it even if it is a little different for them. I wish you the best for your first year. I loved my first year of teaching! What grade will you be teaching?

Awww thank you!!! I will be teaching 11th grade English. I'm a little worried because it is centered on American lit. and I studied British in college. I am going to try to do all of my work at school so I don't have to bring anything home to lo. I want to bf and make faces till bed time without guilt.
    Married Collage Sweetheart June 30, 2007
    Started Student Teaching Spring 2008
    Graduated May 3 2008
    Gave Birth to Ethan Bradley May 20, 2008
    & for 14 months
    Gave Birth to Penelope Star June 22, 2011 & & cloth diapers all the way with this one

Tomorrow's the day....I just put the kids all in bed...and now need to set the alarm so we all get up and get moving. (got to get three kids up and out the door and get to work on time...)

I am already looking forward to 3:00 pm tomorrow when I can rush out of work to see my kiddos!

s to all the moms out there missing their babies (of all ages) while at work!
    -ing Mom to:

I love this site!!