Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here comes school time - and the tears....

Default Re: Here comes school time - and the tears....

I teach also and am sending 2 kids to daycare this year. Uggghhh...

It is so hard...trying not to worry about so many things.

Pumping/not pumping...

Being away from the kids...

It doesn't get easier!

to you all!

Big s and lots of for those teachers going back to work this week (and next week)!!

My count down begins - I have two weeks. So, today, I will begin giving my LO one bottle during the day. The whole idea of it is making me sad - so silly I know, it is just a bottle, but it represents so much more!!

Like many of you have said - I know we will get back into our routine quickly - but those first few weeks of leaving my kids are always so hard! So, here's hoping that those first few weeks for everyone go smoothly - and quickly. And, that we don't miss too much while our little ones are away from us. (I worry about that the most!!)

s to you all!!
    -ing Mom to:
    Breanna 2/26/02 BF 2 months
    Bailey 9/19/05 BF 6 months
    Brayden 4/3/08 BF 4 months and counting

I love this site!!
    's to all the Mommies out there

Well, this is my last week home, but I have one less thing to be sad about...DD took her first steps on her own! I was so worried that her first steps were going to be at daycare. And she had her first sips of whole milk and seems to like it so I am looking forward to being able to dump the pump. I pumped 3x's a day for 8 months so it will be nice to have some time back at work.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

I am not ready to go back....
    Last edited by @llli*Differjean; August 4th, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
    Jennifer (30) DH (38)
    DD 10/9/07 Abigail for 15 months and survived 6mos of at work.
    DS Ethan 5/14/10 for almost 15mos and at school(teacher) and entire school year...10 months.
    Taking a break from until my next baby...TBA.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*alyssa.mommy View Post
    I am right there w/ you! I went back to teaching in Jan after 12 weeks pp. It was definitely the hardest thing I ever did but I managed - like you said, she slept all the time and the personality was just starting to come out. Now, I will be returning back to teaching when DD is 10 months. We are having so much fun. She is learning so much and developing such a personality. It gives me that same feeling in my stomach. I get sad thinking about going back. As you said, we will get back into our old routine.
    You sound like me!! DD was born 10/9 and I went back to teaching in Jan. I go back next Monday (8/11) and will be 10months. I just want to cry thinking about it! I cried SO much the first time and now that she's bigger and we've had such a GREAT time playing all summer....

My plan was to give her one bottle of formula during the day this week and next week she'd get her two (if she needed that much). She refused the formula so I broke down and nursed her. I really don't want to pump again, but I may have to. Actually, I don't know how I'm going to with the new schedule.
    Jennifer (30) DH (38)
    DS Ethan 5/14/10 for almost 15mos and at school(teacher) and entire school year...10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilbirdie22 View Post
    Well, this is my last week home, but I have one less thing to be sad about...DD took her first steps on her own! I was so worried that her first steps were going to be at daycare. And she had her first sips of whole milk and seems to like it so I am looking forward to being able to dump the pump. I pumped 3x's a day for 8 months so it will be nice to have some time back at work.
    Yea! What a blessing that you were able to see that first step!! Enjoy your week with your LO!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Differjean View Post
    My plan was to give her one bottle of formula during the day this week and next week she'd get her two (if she needed that much). She refused the formula so I broke down and nursed her. I really don't want to pump again, but I may have to. Actually, I don't know how I'm going to with the new schedule.
    This was my plan too - While my lo did take the bottle today, he was fussy afterwards so I ended up nursing as well - to comfort him I guess. (I couldn't resist ) I wish you the best this week as you try to make this work. What about pumping some this week - then give her EBM in the bottles and gradually switching to formula. That is what I did today - 3 ounces BM followed by 2 ounces formula. Maybe that would help
    -ing Mom to:

I love this site!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Differjean View Post
    I am not ready to go back....
    me either!
    -ing Mom to:

I love this site!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bbbs-mom View Post
    :

This was my plan too - While my lo did take the bottle today, he was fussy afterwards so I ended up nursing as well - to comfort him I guess. (I couldn't resist ) I wish you the best this week as you try to make this work. What about pumping some this week - then give her EBM in the bottles and gradually switching to formula. That is what I did today - 3 ounces BM followed by 2 ounces formula. Maybe that would help
    I tried 3 oz of BM and 1 oz of Formula and she didn't want anything to do with it. Basically, I've just been Bfing her once around 10-11am and not again until 4pm when I'd be home anyway. I know she can go with one feeding a day so if I have to I'll pump once a day at school for two months until she can either go longer without milk or drink cow's milk. I'll give formula to the babysitter and see if she'll take it from her.

She's 10 months and is still getting 3-4 feedings without any from 7:30 - 4pm. Hopefully, one feeding with solids and finger foods will be fine during the day.
    Jennifer (30) DH (38)

I remember being so nervous when I sent my son back to daycare (we were home for the summer) when he was 10 mo. But, everything adjusted fine. He learned to eat small meals and drink goat milk while he was away from me. I didn't even end up needing to pump... although everyone is different.

I hope you will transition without any problems.

Tomorrow is the day. I hate that someone else gets to see my baby everyday.

We're counting my DD's little mini steps as her first steps though. We got to see that at least.
    Jennifer (30) DH (38)