Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bottles best for breastfeeding

Question bottles best for breastfeeding

I was wondering what are the best bottles to use with breastfeeding? I have to go back to work and I plan on pumping so I want to know what bottles are the most like the breast?

Default Re: bottles best for breastfeeding

As I remember reading when I asked this question when my son was tiny, whatever bottle works for you is the best. We used the Breastflow, and it was good, but we ended up using Playtex with the drop-in liners and the slow-flow Naturalatch nipple, and it worked great for us. I'm sure you'll get lots of other suggestions too!

It's going to be SO up to your LO.

We started with BreastFlow bottles, then Medela, Avent, Dr. Brown's, and ended up with Born Free bottles fitted with Avent nipples!

Just try them out and end up with whatever your baby likes the most. Good luck!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

My LO likes Playtex Drop-In's with silicon nipples the best. We tried variety of bottles like Avent, Born Free, Medela, Adiri but she prefers Playtex. I think every baby has their own preference. Might want to try several different bottles and see which she likes best!

I say if you have a babies r us just buy all different brands and types that fit your budget and pref (bpa free or whatever) try it with you lo and let them pick and return the rest. They take back anything used/opened whatever without problem if you have a reciept. That is what we had to do. Settled on Dr. Brown's BPA free bottles with Preemie nipples. Reduces gas, bpa free, good slow flow for my DD, fit up to 8 oz.
    Theresa with moby wrapmy little so I can work too
    13mos and counting

DD would only use playtex ventaire (the have BPA). I don't heat them so I'm not really concerned about it.
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mumtothomas View Post
    Playtex with the drop-in liners and the slow-flow Naturalatch nipple, and it worked great for us.

Me (25)
    DH (26)
    DS Born December 5, 2007

Nursed 1 year and we are going on strong!

I am:
    , , , and

My LO won't use any other bottle but the Breast Flow bottles with the stage 1 nipples. They worked for me and him since I had to leave him with my mother-in-law at 4 weeks to go back to work. Like all the rest of the comments, use the one your LO likes best.
    while at work and every other time and every minute with my baby

dd uses the breast flow also, but it took some time to get used to... try a few like pp said Good Luck!!

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in

we have used the medela pump and store bottles, and gerber clearview bottles. We used evenflo comfi nipples because the nippes that come with the gerber are latex and we don't use latex, and the nipples that come with the medela were very inconsistent in flow, and DS didn't seem to prefer them (this was the old style nipples, I think they come with a different nipple now). I feel very strongly about selecting bottles that do not contain BPA so most of the fancier bottles are simply not an option. But truly I have been back to work since DS was 5 weeks old and we have never had any problems with bottle or breast feeding.