Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: milk storage products?

Default milk storage products?

There seems to be a lot of products out there for storing and freezing milk. I've read reviews on various items where mothers either hate or love the product. A lot of the complaints seem to be related to leaking milk and bursting seams of milk bags. What products seem to be working for everyone? I'd hate to waste the milk that I've pumped...

Default Re: milk storage products?

Our baby had to stay in the hosp for some time and they provided me with Snappies to pump into. (they would only accept the milk in those) So needless to say we ended up with a ton after he went home and we started going through the stored milk, and I really liked them. They fit most pump parts so you don't have to transfer the milk, and go right into the fridge/freezer.

We have also used the Medela feeding and storage bottles, but I think I tend to like the Snappies better because they have a flip-top lid and you CAN'T LOSE IT! We have lost a few of the Medela lids and then you are stuck with a bottle that you can no longer store anything in.

You can buy them online. Their website is http://www.snappiescontainers.com/
    The cost is pretty comparable to the Medela bottles.

Oh yeah, and no BPA!

Good luck!
    Last edited by @llli*nolies.mama; July 30th, 2008 at 12:43 PM.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I use Lansinoh storage bags.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I use the Medela bags and have had no leakage problems.
    Fran
    Mom to Anna, March 28, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenm View Post
    There seems to be a lot of products out there for storing and freezing milk. I've read reviews on various items where mothers either hate or love the product. A lot of the complaints seem to be related to leaking milk and bursting seams of milk bags. What products seem to be working for everyone? I'd hate to waste the milk that I've pumped...
    Thanks for bringing up this question!

I'm finishing up registering for my first baby and had the same one. I opted for the Lansinoh bags after reading up on it a little bit and seeing what people had to say. Another product I registered for is called the Kidco Babysteps Freezer Storage Tray With Lid. Supposedly it has 2 oz sections where you can freeze breast milk and/or homemade baby food in measured portions. However, it seems to have mixed reviews. Has anyone else used this item or something like it? Do you like it? Is it worth it?
    "A person's a person no matter how small!"
    ~ Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mollyb View Post
    I use Lansinoh storage bags.
    Those are my favorite too. I get the Medela bags from the milk bank I donate too, so I have used both kinds of bags, and I like the Lansinoh ones much, much better.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine