Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gabe's new thing

Default Re: Gabe's new thing

Do you lay him on his side, or is he sitting facing you? DS does that when he is sitting facing me, but if I have him on his side he doesn't care if both are out.

Well, we nursed at my friends house today and I tried the hand under the shirt thing and it didn't work. He doesn't want to play with the nipple or anything, he just likes to change sides often. Both his hands grasp my boob while he's nursing so they don't even roam. He just likes knowing he can switch as often as he wants.

Doesn't matter if I'm on my side or not

And Molly, I just don't know if I could lol. I'm worried he'd stop nursing

Waylon won't nurse unless he can have his hand on my other breast. Your situation is worse, but this is bothersome in public as well (well, only a little bit). Will he allow you to keep one in as long as he is allowed to nurse on both as often as he wants? Can you distract him from nursing while in public places, until he gives in a bit? Waylon is mostly too distrated to NIP, so I have to go someplace quiet anyway.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

I know you're frusterated but it reminded me of when you are little and you make a "suicide" with all the fountain drinks by combining them all.

Good Luck, soory I can;t help!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Colton did that too and I had to stop NIP finally because no other option worked, unless he really wanted to nurse (like he was hurt and needed quick comfort). He didn't care if I was laying down, sitting up, had him in various holds, whatever.

I did try telling him to just stay put and finish, but I wasn't persistent about doing that and quit, perhaps too soon Looking back, I probably should have dealt with it like I do biting -- stop the session immediately.

Good luck.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*shahada.ghan View Post
    And Molly, I just don't know if I could lol. I'm worried he'd stop nursing
    I NEVER had that worry with DD1. She'll be one who has to be weaned before she can head off to college!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

So so cute! I love the different phases of bfing!
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

I'm sure this phase will pass or at least I hope so for your sake
    Maybe thinks the grass is greener on the other side?

Hunter likes to twiddle my other breast when he is sleepy.
    nak

Formerly known as Huntersmomma
    Momma to 3 yr old Hunter proudly breast fed until 2 & 1/2
    Expecting baby #2, Due in Jan 2011

that's so funny! I know a mommy whose little guy does the same thing! He was about 17 months the last time I saw him...he also insisted on putting his hand in mom's mouth while he nursed. Very cute! (sorry no advice though, I am new to nursing!)
    EDD 6/21/10
    BF Madeline Grace since 2/5/2008
    Blake 9/23/00
    Cole 7/16/03
    Alex 9/19/04