Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gabe's new thing

Default Gabe's new thing

I have to nurse with both boobs out. Seriously. Like, I sit down, and he has to be able to see both boobs. If he doesn't, he won't nurse. He fusses and paws at my nursing bra. He switches back and forth constantly between the 2 . . . nurses for a total or 3-5 minutes maybe. I definitely hear him swallowing so I know he's getting milk, but it's hilarious. I mean, it's totally 100% fine at home. Emily usually sits next to me and helps Gabe with switching (that's entertaining all in itself). But it's hard when I'm trying to NIP or at church. I obviously cannot (or at least will not) do that in public. He won't nurse unless he can have both at once.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Gabe's new thing

so sorry, no suggestions

but that is some funny stuff

i hope this passes
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Wow ..hmm.. Will he nurse with a cover over him? something like a hooter hider?

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

I have no clue.

Bump!

Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

i have no clue either, but sounds interesting.

I, too, was going to suggest a coverup or something. How longs' he been doing it?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    I, too, was going to suggest a coverup or something. How longs' he been doing it?
    He's been doing this for the past 3 weeks, maybe 4. He will absolutely not nurse with a cover up on at.all. That's even worse than trying to keep one boob in the nursing bra

How about letting him keep a hand on the other boob (under your shirt of course) while he's nursing?
    Mom to A&B (we're 3!) and baby M

I really wish I had some advice for you! I know it's probably a little bit of a pain, but I just think it's too funny how they change the way they want to nurse overnight. They get their little minds set to something and there is no changing it. Good luck!
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*dojomom View Post
    How about letting him keep a hand on the other boob (under your shirt of course) while he's nursing?
    I think that's a good idea.

Believe me, I know how particular and insistent toddler nurslings can be, and in all cases we have to pick our battles. But, personally I think I would probably treat this behavior like biting or something, just not allow it and stop the nursing session if he gets unruly about it. That's just what I would do - you might think that's a bit harsh. You know your child and your situation best.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on