Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Months and trying again

Default Re: 4 Months and trying again

I know that i have beat myself up about it after the fact. If I would have only known kinda thing.
    Our 1st problem was low milk supply, well if i would have known about the fenugreek and blessed thistle, dd would proberly still be nursing right now. But insted the dr said "well she need to ff now!" i didnt know any better even though it broke my heart to give it to her i was just following the drs orders.After all shes the one who went to medical school. I didnt know that i should have been pumping when she was being ff or i would have.
    Thats why i try to help another momma try not to make the same mistakes that i did or if i see she is having the same probs i was to try to help.
    I am a big advocate on BF, Breast is best! Thats what boobs are for, thats the reason we have them!

I just get so aggervated thinking about the problems that we had were simple fixes, now i am spending 80.00 every 1.5 mo for medication to help me make milk!
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz

I wreak like maple syrup! Who would've thought women would celebrate something so strange?

I also got little milky droplets today! And DF agrees, my breasts are enlarging!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*willy-bumsmama View Post
    I wreak like maple syrup! Who would've thought women would celebrate something so strange?

I also got little milky droplets today! And DF agrees, my breasts are enlarging!
    all good signs!!!

have you had any oatmeal lately
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*willy-bumsmama View Post

Exciting! Keep up the good work. You are making progress.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

My local pharmacy says $65/month for a double pump. Another sixty-something for the personal kit. Holy crap.

I was told I'd get a call back about the price and wait on an sns. I'm expecting $50ish.

Which is a better idea? Pump or SNS?? I'm thinking sns.....

Ofcourse the double pump could build my supply better until I can try Will on my breast after he eats from the bottle a bit... ah my head is spinning.
    I wish my LLL would call back....

Can you believe that there are NO pumps available to rent in this area right now??? ARG!
    I got myself on two waiting lists and have no idea when I will get one. I'm just a tad frustrated.

I will second your ARG! How distressing to decide you want to rent a pump, and there are none available to rent!

You've probably already done a search, but just in case...have you gone to the pump manufacturers' web sites to find out who rents their pumps in your area?

Medela Canada: http://www.medela.ca/CDN/en/breastfe...ntal/index.php

Ameda: http://www.ameda.com/where/ (It really looks like Ameda has only one distributor in Canada, which seems weird to me.)
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Yeah, I searched. No luck. They're all just shrugging their shoulders about why they don't have enough pumps to go around.

I'm getting nervous now, my medela swing is starting to act a little strange. Mostly on the lower settings it skips a little bit... like pump-pump-pump-half pump-pump-...-pump. Don't know what it is, but I'm going to try to find the box and look for the warranty... hopefully it's a year long one. eek.

Oh momma, im sorry you are having problems finding a pump. That price is kinda steap. ouch!! IMO i would get the SNS nurse baby with it as much as you can and try to hand express.
    Hand expression may take a bit longer but it dosent hurt the pocketbook!

Do you have a manual pump? like a medela harmony?
    Its manual but way eaiser than hand expression!
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz