Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Hooter Hider"

Default Re: "Hooter Hider"

I just use a light blanket that I attach under my bra strap and I've never had a problem. Now DD hates being covered so I just put a burp cloth between my chest and where she's latched on to cover the part of my boob that's exposed. Honestly I've never found the need for one and I NIP pretty frequently.
    First time mom of Cristiana Veronika

Born on 1/26/08 (@ 36 wks) weighing 5 lbs 14 oz

and

+ = happy baby

I have one as I am a bit modest when in public and for the most part it's really worked out well. I also like to use it to shade the stroller or carseat and my LO likes to look at the pattern so I turn it so the pattern is facing her in the stroller, etc.

I do find that even the hooter hider is hot though when we aren't in air conditioning!
    Adrienne, mom to DS1~2/5/00, DS2~ 12/2/02, and DD1~ 4/27/08, partner in crime to DH since 98. No Vax~ Wrap wearing~ Co-sleeping~and of course

They have lots of knockoffs on ebay. I've seen them go for as little as $5 if you're not particular about the pattern. Search for nursing cover, hooter hider, nursing shawl. I love mine - I have no problems nursing in a busy restaurant. No one can see a thing.
    SAHM to DS1 (Jan. 08) and DS2 (Jan. 10)

Usually

I made mine with the boning in the neck and everything just like a real hooter hider.

Here is a tutorial! The whole thing costs me about $5.00 to make, as I use the coupons from Jo-Ann's fabric! I make them for babyshowers now! They area huge hit!

Tutorial w/ pics! http://imustnotthinkbadthoughts.word...-have-a-hooty/

I just purchased one off of Ebay for $15 (that includes the shipping) from organic*goodies. She makes them and sells them on Ebay. I can't wait til it gets here. She also sells the pattern and a kit that includes the boning.