Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can I still breastfeed?

Default Can I still breastfeed?

I am going back to teaching in the fall after having the summer off. I pumped for the last three months of the school year, and had a very hard time with it. I have decided that I just cannot pump anymore due to the pumping making my OLD and OS out of control, not having a place to pump at work and due to the added stress of pumping that nearly put me over the edge last school year.
    So, I will be having LO take most of his solids and a few bottles of formula at daycare, he will be 8 months. I really, really would like to keep breastfeeding though (but, of course I can't say that I want to enough to pump).

So.....is it at all possible to nurse in the morning and night only? Or should I just assume that I will be weaning if I don't nurse during the day? I also want to make sure he is getting enough nutrition and worry with my supply going down he won't, but I really would love to let him keep nursing when he is with me for as long as he wants...what should I do???

Default Re: Can I still breastfeed?

Some mamas on here have done that and I'm sure they will chime in. However, LO may decide the bottle is best and refuse the breast (like my DD did - thus the reason I still pump).
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.