Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question about Multivitamin

Default Question about Multivitamin

I have a question about multivitamins and assumed this is the most appropriate section to post it in. Currently I take a regular Prenatal vitamin from Target, but I have been hearing that vitamins from Wal-mart, Target, etc are not really any good. I just wanted some opinions on what is best while breastfeeding. My LO is 4 months old now and I want to make sure I am taking care of myself, especially since I have started exercising again. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Default Re: Question about Multivitamin

I haven't heard that claim, but that's not to say it's not being said, or not vaild.
    Who/where have you heard that from? (I question everyones motive )

I have essentially heard from every doc I've seen (for care of myself) that generics are just as good as name brands.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I take the Kroger generic and did all throughout pregnancy. Doc didn't have any problems with it and DD turned out great.
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

My doc had told me sort of the same thing when I was pregnant.

She had said that the vitamin "industry" is not regulated, and no one is accountable for the quality of vitamins. I was using the Target brand pre-natal at the beginning of my pregnancy, but after I heard that I was a little spooked and switched to Nature Made.

Who knows if it is true or not. She just told me to get one of the more well-known or expensive brands (go figure) because you are more likely to get better quality. (????)
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?