Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: breastfeeding at 12 mo

Default Re: breastfeeding at 12 mo

If you're not ready, and your baby isn't ready, don't let other people's opinions about how long babies should nurse force you into early weaning. Here are some good articles on extended nursing to hand out to those who need educating:

Extend Breastfeeding's Benefits
    When to Wean
    Fat and energy Content of Expressed Human Breast Milk in Prolonged Lactation
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

my dd turned on on July 12th. I have stopped pumping at work and still nurse in the evening. She usually nurses when we get home, before bed, and once during the night. Sometimes she will nurse more in the evening! Then on weekends we nurse more!
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

At 12 months I think we were still nursing about 3 times (morning, after work/naptime on weekends, and bedtime). He also was eating 3 meals plus snacks, and has never been much of a middle-of-the-night nurser.

You might also check out the book Mothering Your Nursing Toddler. It might help you see the "other side" to weaning at a year. Before too long, people will just assumed she's weaned and stop asking, so just do what best for you and your daughter.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

At 11 months, here's what we do. Breastfeed around 5:30am, breakfast at 7am, breastfeed at 10-10:30 after nap 1, lunch around noon, breastfeed before nap2 around 1:00pm, breastfeed after nap2 around 2:30-3pm, another nursing around 4:30pm usually, dinner at 5:30 and then nurse before bed at 7-7:30pm. So that makes 6 times for nursing and 3 meals a day. Like someone else said, I didn't realize it was that much. After reading some of the weaning posts, I hope we can continue as long as he wants to.
    Jenny B.
    Mom to Maximilian Kelly
    for over one year and ing it!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenniebean5 View Post
    When my daughter was 12 months, she nursed quite a bit - I'd say typically 8-12 times in 24 hours. But some days it was more and some less.
    Bingo

Way too lazy for formula