Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Bra

Question Nursing Bra

I hope this is the right place to put this.....feel free to move it if needed I wear a 42DD bra and the ones that I am using right now do not have the supposed I need. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about bra's that have good support? Right now the back band (where the hook and eyes are) is riding up my back because the front has no support.
    I am wearing the right size just the wrong kind of bra. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Default Re: Nursing Bra

My suggestion would be to go into a lingerie store (preferrably one with experience with nursing bras) and be fitted. It's the best way to find the perfect bra.

I hope this works.... I'm not so great at cutting and pasting If you look further down there is a forum about nursing apparel its got alot of good suggestions

http://forums.llli.org/search.php?searchid=114316&pp=25
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

I bought a Bravada nursing bra right after my daughter was born and it is the most fabulous nursing bra i have ever owned! i love it! the oldest one i have i use to sleep in but the newer ones have enought support that i can work in it on my feet for 12 hours! good luck! congrats on your little one!
    Proud mommy to:
    Charlotte Ruth born 5/6/2008

"Do what you think is best; wait until you have weaned him. Only, may the Lord bring your resolve to fulfillment!" And so she remained at home and nursed her son until she had weaned him. 1 Samuel 1:23

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord granted my request. Now I, in turn, give him to the Lord; as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the Lord." 1 Samuel 1:27-28

15 months and counting!

Hi, mama. I am a 36G, and I've had good luck with the Medela Seamless Underwire.

You can get it really cheap w/ free shipping from here. http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/meffiseunwh.html Plus, this bra store gives you a voucher for 10% off your next order.

I have the Medela but I find that it is not supportive enough. I have switched to Bravado and LOVE them!!!! They have great customer support and the website is great and helpful in finding the correct size.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

i've tried:

Target, Bella Materna, Medela, Motherhood, and Finally Bravado

Bravado - i'm a 36F-G
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    i've tried:

Target, Bella Materna, Medela, Motherhood, and Finally Bravado

Bravado - i'm a 36F-G
    Which Bravada do you wear? There are so many! I am a 40F...

I saw the "cuvalicious ladies" ones....which I think I am one!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

this one in 4 colors, i also have 3 tanks...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

My understanding about bra fitting (in general) is that if the back rides up, then the band is too large. Try fastening it on a smaller hook, if you can. I'm not nursing anymore, but just doing that stopped my bras from riding up in the back. And was a whole lot cheaper than buying new ones!

I think I found some bra-fitting tips at the Victoria's Secret site, but am not sure.