Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excruciating Pain: What do you think it is?

Default Re: Excruciating Pain: What do you think it is?

Yup I have the live bacteria. Made sure I got the refrigerated kind.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*riuliani View Post
    Yup I have the live bacteria. Made sure I got the refrigerated kind.
    I am not doubting you Just make sure because mine, for example requires refridgeration and it's not the kind I suggested - (I found out after the fact) Says "one billion organisms Guaranteed*

Then on the back it says * at the time of manufacture.

NOW that's not to say yours are crap - (if they're like mine - I have these) just not the 'best' ...
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Many doctors are misled that there has to be visible symptoms. I had NO visible symptoms and neither did either of my nurslings, but with treatment it went away. I think there is less harm in treatment in this case than the infection getting worse, OR your lo not breastfeeding, kwim? At least then you would know.

You can take the probiotics AND eat lots of sugar free yogurt. I like the plain kind. Also, cut out foods with lots of sugar and/or yeast.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Thanks everyone. I feel like I am on the way to some resolution. I filled the prescription for my daughter today. I hate to medicate her but if I don't get this sorted then I won't be able to continue to breastfeed due to the pain. If it doesn't work at least I know that I am dealing with something other than thrush but I am pretty sure that is what it is.

I double checked the acidopholus and it has very good reviews on the Net. It has a special coating to ensure that 11 billion active cultures are delivered in the intestines. I guess other coated pills are digested too quickly by stomach acids. I will stick with the dosage on the bottle. I don't want to overdo anything.

I also picked up the grapefruit seed extract. Someone could have warned me how awful it tastes. :0) I couldn't find capsules so I have the drops. Doesn't help that I am not a fan of grapefruits.

I am washing everything daily in hot water. I am boiling her soothies in water for 20 minutes a day. I would love to get rid of them but she needs to suck to get to sleep and the breast doesn't work. If she does it on the breast she wakes up 20 minutes after falling asleep without fail. If she has the soothie she spits it out before she actually falls asleep and then it is lights out for a good period.

I will give everything another few days before I head back to the doctor.