Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So i have to go back to work...

Default So i have to go back to work...

Sigh...my LO is almost 3 months and i have to go back to work next week...sadness..i am dreading it wishing there was a way to never go back and stay home with her always...but my husband is in school and so i have no choice. He will get to be there with her when i am not (i am an RN and work nights, 3 days a week) but still...i am worried that she will want to BF and i won't be there and she will think i abandoned her!!! i know this isn't rationale but its how i feel.

I am pumping at work and already have a good supply built up for when i go back. i am also worried about the "evening hours". My husband calls it the "boobie time" because my LO usually still wants to nurse at least every hour from about 6 to 9ish. and i know its just a closeness thing, i dont' think she is actually hungry. but when i am not there to BF here i don't know if the bottle will cut it. She takes my milk in a bottle good for her daddy (and no one else!)

sigh..just looking for some support and a little advice! sorry so long!
    Proud mommy to:
    Charlotte Ruth born 5/6/2008

"Do what you think is best; wait until you have weaned him. Only, may the Lord bring your resolve to fulfillment!" And so she remained at home and nursed her son until she had weaned him. 1 Samuel 1:23

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord granted my request. Now I, in turn, give him to the Lord; as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the Lord." 1 Samuel 1:27-28

15 months and counting!

Default Re: So i have to go back to work...

I go back to school for my last semester in Sept(and working PT) and I'm dreading every second of it...

I have two things that I do, or have others do, when I am not there to comfort nurse...I have a small, soft blankie that I lay across my lap when I nurse lo. When he falls asleep, I pull the blanket up and wrap it around us for a little while before I lay him down. I go everywhere with the blanket. So if I need a sitter, they get the blankie along with lo. If he is fussy, or doing the "boob" song, I have them wrap him in the blankie and hold him close. I also have them use a bink or paci to "trick" him in a sense. It helps my lo stay calm. Every baby is different though. I plan on getting him into more of a routine, night bath etc...I'm sure if he is on a schedule, the transition will go much better. Either way, it stinks for Mama

New Mommy to Michael 4-5-08
    and and new to the world of

Default Re: So i have to go back to work...

Not sure if you are still reading this thread. I go back in 2 weeks. Just wondering how it went for you. I LOVE the blanket idea and think I'll start doing that!