Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: fenugreek side effects

Default fenugreek side effects

my supply has been slowly decreasing and has cause my almost 1 year old to self wean. I have used fenugreek, but I always end up with diarrhea and quit taking it. anyone have any seuggestions on how to prevent that? or maybe any other supplements I can try?

Default Re: fenugreek side effects

This website has info about ways to increase your supply:

http://www.lowmilksupply.org/increas...tagogues.shtml

Congratulations on making it to one year.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Wow - a year! That's a great accomplishment. Good job, momma.

I've only tried fenugreek and a couple rounds of Reglan along with increased pumping, but I've read several posts where women trying to increase their milk production have taken blessed thistle. You might want to see if that's mentioned on the website provided in the pp.
    Fran
    Mom to Anna, March 28, 2008

Fenugreek can upset the stomach in some cases. Motherlove makes a product called more milk (not more milk plus) that does not contain fenugreek, for women who are sensitive to it. give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sisi View Post
    Fenugreek can upset the stomach in some cases. Motherlove makes a product called more milk (not more milk plus) that does not contain fenugreek, for women who are sensitive to it. give it a try.
    Fenugreek did nothing for me...other than make me smell like a giant stack of pancakes! LOL! I tried a new pumping schedule and the More Milk mentioned above...worked great while I was pumping!