Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sensitive breasts?

Default sensitive breasts?

Hi all...odd question here. Has anyone had any problems with breasts being more tender/sensitive than usual? Is it normal for them to be this way while producing milk? More specifically, during exercise...I practice martial arts so we have some contact and I feel like when I get hit in the chest it hurts more than it used to. Does anyone know where I can find super padded sports bras and/or protective gear?

Default Re: sensitive breasts?

I am more sensitive every day of the week. You might find your breasts are "lumpy"...normal. Soreness for me increases during hormone peak times....When I exercise I try to wear a tight sports bra to limit their movement as much as possible. This helps a bit.
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet

I had a problem getting used to my breasts being larger and learning to accomodate their new size. They would get more sensitive when they were full as well. Maybe you could try nursing or pumping before your martial arts workouts so they'll be less full during those times.

Also, they get more sensitive around your period- if you're having your period.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Yeah, I pump before I go, and I don't have my period yet, though sometimes I wonder if I'm having some sort of PMS! I just get concerned sometimes, I mean yes it hurts but I worry I'm "damaging" them, or I'm going to cause a duct to clog up or something.

I have been nursing my daughter for almost 14 months now and yes my breasts are defiantely more sensitive for sure!!! If my lo leans on my breasts or elbows me etc in the chest it hurts!!!!!!!!!!

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!