Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stuffing nose

Default Stuffing nose

My lo has boogers in both of his nostrils and he can barely breathe through his nose. But they are so deep inside the nose I can’t get them out. I also tried saline drops but with no luck. It is so difficult to nurse him since he can’t breathe. I am hoping someone out there has similar situation and can give me some advice. Thanks!

Default Re: Stuffing nose

did you try a bulb syringe? the hospital should have sent one home with you. if not you can pick one up at the drug store.
    also, is your lo sick? if so you can try running a cool mist humidifier.
    Last edited by @llli*pigpen777; July 24th, 2008 at 08:36 PM.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

I use saline drops combined with a bulb syringe - the saline drops soften things up and the bulb syringe suck things out
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Dropping a little breastmilk in there might help clear things up! It also goes down the throat a little better than the saline.

Hope your little one feels better soon!!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!