Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sleepy 8 weeker...

Default sleepy 8 weeker...

So LO is 8.5 weeks. The last 2-3 days she ate like crazy and today is really sleepy. Is this normal with "growth spurts" ? Is this a growth spurt?
    Thanks
    !!!
    CO (and loving it)
    with daddy and baby

Default Re: sleepy 8 weeker...

Common times for growth spurts are during the first few days at home and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months (more or less). Babies don't read calendars, however, so your baby may do things differently. Kellymom

How long is your LO sleeping? Your baby will wake to eat if shes hungry. How is the diaper output?
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

I'm not entirely sure, but mine's nearly the same age and is going through that too. Today he's been especially sleepy.
    Jess,
    Proud mom to Soren Alexander P.
    Born May 25, 2008
    birth weight: 6 lbs. 12oz
    one week: 6 lbs. 13.5oz
    two weeks: 7lbs 5oz
    one month: 9lbs

She has a great output (7 diapers so far today) and she eats to wake...just not "socializing" today.
    !!!
    CO (and loving it)
    with daddy and baby

I would just keep an eye on her and see how she is doing tomorrow. There's a difference between just sleeping a lot and being lethargic - lethargy can be a warning sign that something else is going on. DD had a growth spurt around 2 months and after each of her growth spurts, she always has a day where she sleeps way more than usual. I figure it's just my reward for making it through another one.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

THANKS!! You were right...good sleep for one good growth spurt! Today and from 12am-2am she was/is wide awake. WOW...if they only came with manuals This is tough but quite enjoyable. As a first time mom I have to admit...this is pretty cool
    The learning never stops
    !!!
    CO (and loving it)
    with daddy and baby