Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Interesting article on breastfed babies and solids

Default Interesting article on breastfed babies and solids

Hi all. There's an interesting article about breastfeeding and solids in today's Guardian.

"Scientists have discovered another reason why breast is best. Already associated with increased intelligence, greater social mobility and protection against ill health, breastfeeding may also help babies develop a more sophisticated palate."

Here's the link to the full article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...viour.foodtech

Default Re: Interesting article on breastfed babies and solids

That's cool. I think I've heard that before. The owner of an indian restaurant we went to up in Maryland told us that his daughter ate lots of spicy food when she was pregnant and when she was breast feeding, and the baby had no problem eating spicy foods when she turned one.

I also read an article where they did a study with pregnant women. They had the mothers drink carrot juice when they were pregnant and then offered cereal mixed with carrot juice when the babies were older. When I was pregnant I used to eat a lot of melon and DS used to really start kicking when I ate it. Now, if one of us sits down to eat a bowl of melon he comes over and starts bugging us. He doesn't act like that about any other food!
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine