Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how to stop nursing gymnastics?

Default how to stop nursing gymnastics?

We mainly nurse in side lying position since DS usually only nurses to sleep now. He flips and flops and tries to put his legs up on my big belly, contorting into all these positions all while latched

It hurts a lot and this poor baby is going to born with bruises from all the hits my belly takes. How can I get him to stop? I've tried unlatching him but that hasn't worked.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

Default Re: how to stop nursing gymnastics?

I have no solutions mama. My DS woulda won a gold medal for it if I'd have entered him into some sort of contest... maybe place pillows/cushion in between you and his legs?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    I have no solutions mama. My DS woulda won a gold medal for it if I'd have entered him into some sort of contest... maybe place pillows/cushion in between you and his legs?
    Gold Medal winner here too...he's mastered the standing up and upside down positions. If you are adamant about stopping it, just consistently stop him every time, and eventually he'll catch on (hopefully). I was never consistent, and just let him do it

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kathrynk View Post
    Gold Medal winner here too...he's mastered the standing up and upside down positions. If you are adamant about stopping it, just consistently stop him every time, and eventually he'll catch on (hopefully). I was never consistent, and just let him do it
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

My LO did that when he was younger, stopped for a while and recently started up again, one thing I noticed was that he wouldn't do it if I had drawstrings on my shorts or pants that he could play with with his toes, so I started giving him a knotted up bandanna to play with while he nurses...sometimes he plays with his feet, sometimes with his hands...he's lots better about it now.
    Mama to Evan Born February 1st 2007 Breastfeeding for a year...thinking of weaning
    Wife to my Best Friend KR