Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stinky gas

Default Stinky gas

Hi ladies,

Just a quick question. My 10 week old is EBF. Her gas is really stinky- kind of like sulfur. I don't remember my son being that fragrant at that age. Just curious if it's the norm or maybe a sign of allergies. She's not really bothered by it- she can just clear a room quick.

Thanks

Default Re: Stinky gas

My LO also has really stinky gas. Never really been a problem, and she has no allergies (that we know of). I'm not an expert but I think so long as her poops are ok - in color and frequency - that it's fine. I could be wrong though, maybe someone else knows more...

I hope it's normal, because ds2 has me gasping for air sometimes
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

My son has the same issue.
    Stay at home mom to my 2 boys:
    R - born 4/20/08, nursed for 20 months
    G - born 8/6/11, EPd for 4 months, until he refused the bottle!
    Loving CDing this time around!

Yeah, that's about the age when dd earned the nickname 'Stinky McFartigan.' The stinkiness dwindled away eventually around four months, about the time she learned she could fart herself by grabbing her feet and pulling them to her chest.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mamagoesmoo View Post
    she learned she could fart herself by grabbing her feet and pulling them to her chest.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Totally normal....lots of stinky gas in my house.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.