Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stopped trying to wean...

Default Stopped trying to wean...

I have decided to stop weaning. I just feel like I am doing more harm to dd2 than anything.

She is teething, growing, and well I think it would be mentally better she has one constent in her life.

My mom asked me last week what I wanted what I felt. I was taken back because I felt she was one of the pushing factors for me to wean. I know dh is really pushing the issue. I told my mom I want to teach her it is okay to nurse at home. I mean she only nurses when she wakes in the morning around 6amish, she wants a little "cuddle" for her morning nap, after lunch, and then around 7pmish. Now she still wakes off and on and gets a little extra nursing. I want and need her to nap, but she will either fight her sleep or cry herself to sleep....I feel so bad and feel she needs me.

Anywho, she gets a cup throughout the day between nursing.

Well here we go she is up and I have to go.

Am I wrong for giving up the weaning thing? I kinda want to go beyond one just a goal thing.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: Stopped trying to wean...

It sounds like you re-assessed the situation and made a choice that is beneficial to everyone That's something I struggled with, feeling like "Oh I'm just giving in to what is easiest." But there is nothing wrong with choosing a path that you feel is best for your child, even if that differs from a plan you had already chose.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Default Re: Stopped trying to wean...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    It sounds like you re-assessed the situation and made a choice that is beneficial to everyone That's something I struggled with, feeling like "Oh I'm just giving in to what is easiest." But there is nothing wrong with choosing a path that you feel is best for your child, even if that differs from a plan you had already chose.
    I totally agree... there's nothing wrong with revaluating things when it comes to children... especailly somthing like this.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.