Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: LO had a lil bit of honey

Question LO had a lil bit of honey

i gave my lo 2 graham crackers todays and then i was looking at the box a lil bit later and noticed that they were honey graham crackers and that the box says made with real honey. my lo is 11 months old...could this make her sick?

man i feel sooo stupid for not noticing earlier that the box says honey on it!

Default Re: LO had a lil bit of honey

Oh, IKWYM! I did that SAME thing with my DD1 at about that age. She was fine and I'm sure your lo will be too, but just watch him/her carefully.

hmmm, I'm not too sure about this personally

but I just did a quick search at Dr. Sears' site and found this

ETA:
    quote from that link
    The recommendation is to avoid RAW honey under a year old. Cereals or graham crackers might be made with honey but should be okay for an infant under one year.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

thanks! that makes me feel alot better

Thanks for posting the Dr Sears quote! I was looking at all the organic/natural baby snacks last weekend and everything had honey in it. I was wondering the same thing as the OP.
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09