Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Growth Spurt/ Gestational Age

Default Growth Spurt/ Gestational Age

My twins were born at 37 weeks, so I'm wondering if I should expect growth spurts around the actual weeks (4 weeks, 6 weeks, etc) or if it will be more like 7 weeks/9 weeks? It's hard to tell if they are going through spurts because their eating schedules are so random... (they are 6 weeks old now)

I know it doesn't really matter, but it's just for my own sanity when I am feeding around the clock...

Default Re: Growth Spurt/ Gestational Age

my baby was born late I am wondering if i should expect these things early - he is 10 weeks and i think he is doing the three month, but i am not sure...
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I'm not sure there's a good answer to this question- growth spurts really can happen at any time, and not just at the "prime" times.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I'm not really sure if there is a good answer either, perhaps some mom's of preemies will chime in!
    That said even a full term baby doesn't do things by the book and often a mom will see growth spurts on top of each other or spaced way out. It's the sort of thing where you nurse nurse nurse because your baby seems fussy. Just about the time you saying, wow I wonder what all that was about your baby seems to put on the weight and goes up a size!
    The first few times many mother's see them in hindsight, even experienced moms sometimes have a really tough time figuring out what's going on.
    You can't nurse a baby too much! It's really exhausting in the beginning, and many babies are attached ALL the time anyway.
    It will get better, and they will space themselves out.
    Hang in there mama your doing a great job!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

My 36 wk 6 day son seemed to follow the general pattern and my 35 wk son is way off. The latter boy behaved like he was on a growth spurt for about 6 weeks. I nearly lost my mind esp since I had a toddler to care for at the same time.

Good for you to be nursing twins. hang in there momma...it really does get so much easier.
    2005 2008