Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I've made my decision....

Default Re: I've made my decision....

mama! You did a beautiful job nursing Z as long as you did, and weaning was done in a loving and gentle manner. I know its hard, but chin up...you did the right and best thing for your children!
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

I think you did an amazing job! You are a great mom, Morgan and Zachary are very lucky to have you!

You are a wonderful mom. Z was weaned gradually and with love, you were able to put this off until he was 2. Not everyone in your situation would have been so dedicated to her children's best interest.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

A BIG to the pp's. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad to hear an update and have been thinking of you guys.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    mama! You did a beautiful job nursing Z as long as you did, and weaning was done in a loving and gentle manner. I know its hard, but chin up...you did the right and best thing for your children!
    I agree 100%!

Hi, I'm Allison

Mama to Henry Carl 12/28/06

7lbs, 15 oz, 20.5 in
    Breastfed for 20 months!

Mama to Ryan Thomas 11/20/08
    8lbs, 7 oz, 21 in
    Breastfed for 30 months!
    Mama to angel 4/03, Mama to angel 12/05

Feb TBTTW 33.1/70

Z is lucky to have a Mommy who loves him as much as you do. It sounds like everything went well and I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

You are so much more thatn JUST a mom and a toddler and don't ever forget that!

Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gabesmommy View Post
    You are so much more thatn JUST a mom and a toddler and don't ever forget that!

Thanks for the update, I've been thinking about you and wondering how it was going.
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

OMG, please do not ever think that you are by any means a failure. Do you have any idea how envious I am that you were able to BF for that long? I struggle to make one year and feel like my body is winding down and I don't have the circumstances you do.

Z weaned in a loving way, but remember you fed, comforted, bonded for all those months and the bright, energic, trusting, awesome kid he is today is largely do to the commitment you made to BF him all those months (years). He shares a bond with you that can never be broken, even if he doesn't remember every detail, his memory and personality are molded to form better bonds with people to trust that he will be care for, etc, because he remembers the bond you two had/have.

Don't ever for a second not believe in that power and that you gave him a beautiful start!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I wish I could have nursed that long.

I had to wean my son off BM at 8.5 months old because of my own health issues.

You did an awesome job by going at it as long as you did.
    Amanda

Mommy to my preemie prince Alexander Warren born at 35 weeks 6 days
    on 9/27/07 at 9:02PM Via C-section
    Birth Weight/Length - 5lbs 8oz, 18" long
    Current Weight/Length at 3 years old - 34lbs, 38 inches tall.

Mommy to my little princess Abigail Rose born at 38 weeks 3 days on 11/06/09 @ 6:51PM Via C-section.
    Birth Weight/Length - 6lbs, 19 inches
    Breastfeeding and doing great!