Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I've made my decision....

Default Re: I've made my decision....

I'm so sorry you are feeling worse. I truly don't know how you do it, but I do in a sense. We do what we have to. A two hour nap for Z! Woohoo! Hope you guys had a good afternoon.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Just wanted to send lots of !

I know how you feel. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, a pretty severe form of it and I had to wean my son at 8.5 months old because I couldn't take the pain any longer. I was on prednisone my entire pregnancy and while breastfeeding but it was taking its toll on my body. I started on Methotrexate, Enbrel, Celebrex, and Folic Acid and am doing so much better.

There is no reason to suffer and to make your condition worse. It was a tough decision for me but I knew I had to do it so that as my son gets older I will still be able to play with him and do fun stuff with him.

*hugs* you will get through it
    Amanda

Mommy to my preemie prince Alexander Warren born at 35 weeks 6 days
    on 9/27/07 at 9:02PM Via C-section
    Birth Weight/Length - 5lbs 8oz, 18" long
    Current Weight/Length at 3 years old - 34lbs, 38 inches tall.

Mommy to my little princess Abigail Rose born at 38 weeks 3 days on 11/06/09 @ 6:51PM Via C-section.
    Birth Weight/Length - 6lbs, 19 inches
    Breastfeeding and doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*femalecheetah86 View Post
    It was a tough decision for me but I knew I had to do it so that as my son gets older I will still be able to play with him and do fun stuff with him.
    This is what I have to keep reminding myself.

Last week wasn't too bad. He still struggles at naptime, but he does fall asleep eventually so thats good, I guess. He did great this weekend and hardly asked to nurse during the day at all - even when he fell and busted his lip . It helps when Daddy is home - there's double the fun going on. He also started sleeping through the night again and waking up late (after 5:30am, which is late for him) which makes me really dread this week when we are eliminating the bedtime nursing.

I'm bracing myself for some rough nights. He doesn't nurse for long at bedtime - 5 or 10 minutes - and we read while nursing so he's pretty distracted by his books. But he gets so excited for his milk. He sings a little happy song after his bath ("Its milk time! Milk time for Yak!"). I've been telling him that he's not going to have milk at bedtime anymore and that we'll read more books and have more cuddles, but I don't think its sunk in. He is not going to be a happy camper. And neither am I. Thank goodness I have an awesome DH who will help out when I can't take it anymore.

So, we'll see how it goes. Maybe he'll surprise me. I'm encouraged that so far he doesn't seem thoroughly traumatized. Maybe we'll make it through after all.
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

sending you all the good energy and Love I can!!

I appreciate you sharing this experience with us all!!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

You will make it through! And he will not be traumatized.
    Have you thought of offering him some cow's milk or a snack at bedtime during stories?

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mollyb View Post
    You will make it through! And he will not be traumatized.
    Have you thought of offering him some cow's milk or a snack at bedtime during stories?
    He won't drink cow milk. I'll quote: NO LIKE COW MILK! YUCK! YUCK! BLLLEEEEEEEEERGH! YUCK! GO AWAY COW MILK! AAAAAAALLLCH! RAAAAAAALLLLLLLLGH! NO LIKE NO LIKE NO LIKE! He'll only drink water or orange juice.

A snack is a good idea though. I'll have to think about a special bedtime snack for him. Hmmm.
    Katie

My kids LOVE vanilla soy milk. It is a bit sugary though.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Katie, seems like you both are doing great so far.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Molly, you are a genius.

Last night Z asked for milk after his bath as usual. I told him no. Milk is all gone at night. (I've chosen to just explain it as "all gone" rather than "sick" or "broken".) And I held my breath and waited for the screams.

And Zachary said "Okay. Snack?"

I let him eat 3 Ritz crackers while we read books and he didn't ask again. He had a little trouble falling asleep, but once he did he slept straight until 5.

Keeps me guessing, that kid!
    Katie