Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: SO confused - when to speed things up?

Default SO confused - when to speed things up?

LO is almost 8 mos and breastfed. We started solids at 6 mos and are doing cereal twice a day with a fruit or veggie twice a day too.

My question is: when can I stop waiting 5 days to a week between new foods? At this rate he won't be eating a wide variety of things till he's 5 years old.

And when can he start trying table food? He won't be able to wait 5 days between each thing because we obviously have something different to eat every night!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: SO confused - when to speed things up?

This is alot of a judgment call. If you've had no reactions at all to any foods and no family history of food allergies and you feel comfortable, you can start shortening the time between different new foods.

Again, it's a judgment call, but if you feel comfortable you can start giving table foods now. Alot of moms never do the jarred food thing. For instance, he's probably had green beans by now, so at the next family meal put some small pieces of green beans on his tray and maybe put one small piece in his mouth. See what he does with it. Find something he likes and you can keep that handy for regular meal times. There's always things like rice puffs, wheat puffs, O cereals and stuff like that that he can eat at meal times.
    Mom of 1, AJ born 4/12/07

Default Re: SO confused - when to speed things up?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lovebeingmommy View Post
    LO is almost 8 mos and breastfed. We started solids at 6 mos and are doing cereal twice a day with a fruit or veggie twice a day too.

My question is: when can I stop waiting 5 days to a week between new foods? At this rate he won't be eating a wide variety of things till he's 5 years old.

And when can he start trying table food? He won't be able to wait 5 days between each thing because we obviously have something different to eat every night!!!!!!!!!!
    we are at 8 months and dont follow that rule. The only thing she doesnt get is fish, shell fish because mommy is allergic to shrimp and dairy because mommy read in a book that she had to wait.

We feed her whatever is convenient, but no fast food