Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mistaken for a HOTDOG! (ouch)

Default Mistaken for a HOTDOG! (ouch)

We were at a picnic today with another ~25 families. For the first time while out amongst other people, DS wanted to nurse. (I think the kids are normally too distracted by eveyone around them to nurse.) We were doing fine until DD decided she wanted to nurse, too. If I hadn't been sitting under the shelter at a picnic table this wouldn't have been an issue. However, it's a wee bit awkward to arrange two 27 month olds while facing a table, especially with one child already latched on. Anyway, while doing this, DS must have remembered he had a piece of a hotdog in his hand and went to take a bite. AaaaaAAAAACK! I got chomped! He'd forgotten to unlatch first.

Took a few moments to collect myself. I do not "hide" when I NIP, but I also don't advertise that I am nursing. The shriek (mine) did not help, but we got through it. Am guessing it was the first time that most had seen someone nursing a toddler -- err, two of them at once, and with the abrupt interuption, they may have seen a little more than they'd bargained for.

Default Re: Mistaken for a HOTDOG! (ouch)

Sounds like a picnic no-one will soon forget! I'm sorry you got bitten. Ouch!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Ouch!! I hope your ok!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

I hope you feel better soon and on still nursing your twins at 27 month old babies
    nak

Formerly known as Huntersmomma
    Momma to 3 yr old Hunter proudly breast fed until 2 & 1/2
    Expecting baby #2, Due in Jan 2011

Ouch, at least it was your lo that forgot and mistook you for a hotdog. When I read the title i was thinking someone else mistook you for a hotdog
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.