Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any side effects on dom? Encouragement needed.

Red face Any side effects on dom? Encouragement needed.

I'm starting dom soon (hopefully tomorrow) and wanted to know if anyone experienced any side effects? I'm incredibly tired on reglan which is why I'm switching. I'm also hoping dom will work enough that we can stop supplementing. Success stories would be very helpful at this point!

Default Re: Any side effects on dom? Encouragement needed.

It boosted my supply w/ no side effects.

I have been taking it for 6 months. It boosted my supply to the point where I don't have to suppliment with formula. I have not had any side effects. I take 1 pill every 8 hours.

When I first started taking it, I noticed the increase in the first few days. I believe it can take longer for some though.

I had no increase in milk supply with Reglan.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Hi Jentut,
    Just wondering, after the initial increase, did you notice a continuing increase, or did it just stay about the same? I just started taking it a few weeks ago, had good results, but was hoping I could look forward to just a little more.

I had side effects. But it does work. I had abdominal cramping and odd coloured stools. I felt like someone had hit me in the gut with a sledge hammer. But for the first time in my nursing I had very full, almost engorged breasts. I had to stop because the pain was too intense. But apparently these are few and far between.

What dosage ru taking and has your doctor suggested that you start slowly and increase the dosage. Ask your doc or pharmacist about side effects and dosages.

This web site will tell you more about the drug and some complications. What it does and how it works. There are also more web sites listed on this site.

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/domperidone.shtml

Good luck