Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think he's really done....

Default Re: I think he's really done....

I missed this somehow...

Just wanted to let you know we're here for you through ALL your pregnancy changes- hormonal, physical and otherwise!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Default Re: I think he's really done....

It is my understanding that a sudden drop in feedings, or weaning itself, can cause some serious hormonal things that closely resemble PPD. It might be contributing to how you feel.

I know it happened with us. AK lost interest really fast. She went from nursing 7-8 times a day to about 2, sometimes less. We stuck with the 2 feedings (nap and bedtime) for several weeks but I always initiated them. I was experiencing some serious hormonal changes because it was so drastic for us, and this paired with the awful side effects I was having from my IUD made me seriously feel like I was about to lose my grip. It is why I went ahead weaned Audrey. Thankfully it didn't seem to phase her a bit. Anyway, just thought I would throw that in there. Maybe it will help some.

Hang in there. You are a great mom Lyn. Whatever happens, D will be okay, and so will you!

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.