Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think he's really done....

Default Re: I think he's really done....

Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

Monica
    with my precious Emree Jewel who was born July 22, 2007.
    Still Always and loving every second.

we are also weaned now, and I also have mixed emotions/hormones about it. I think my toddler weaned partially due to the pregnancy but also partly due to just growing up. Its a very mixed feeling sort of thing.
    Mommy to 3 beautiful girls!

I started a thread when Haylee was weaning when I was prego with Waylon. She would go a week and then nurse. Sometimes she would only want to latch on and be done, other days it was all day long. I will try to find that thread. In the meantime, I want to remind you that I pumped for Haylee for almost 6 months, after ds was born, and she was nursing once a day after about 5 weeks. It hurt like heck the first few times she latched on, and I have no idea why she waited 5 weeks to ask, but after she started getting milk again, she figured out how to latch on again. I think having the pacifier actually helped her remember how to suck, because she has always latched on to her paci the same as the breast. She now nursed between 4 and 10 times a day. I am touched out some days, but Iwouldn't give it up for anything. She enjoys is SO much. And she tells me how much she loves it. Those moments are the best.

I was so devastated when she stopped nursing around 6 months (I think--the thread will tell ). But I had come to grips with her not nursing and I was totally okay with it. I just told myself if she asked, I would not deny it. I think had I denied it, she woudl have been okay too, so I think I really had an option. I could have said no when she asked at 5 weeks pp, but I opted not to. She would have never questioned that nursing was for babies. But I don't believe its just for "babies" and with her health, I really felt like it was best to let her if she asked.

Anyway...it will work out how its meant to be. And I know how tough that time is!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Thanks!! I was actually totally blaming his sleep-use of the pacifier! I know we can never know whats coming, so I'm trying to just go with the flow. Easier said than done,right?
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

I would have sworn many many times when I was carrying West that Thomas was weaning, had weaned. He went several days with out nursing, with out asking, I would be ok, and then very sad, and then when he did ask I would over joyed! Then worried.. Before West was born he was down to just once or twice a day and at night, now it can be all day everyday, I am with you on thinking he may just be the kid that gets married but still comes home for me to nurse him, well no not really but some times the days are just looonnngggg. But then I am with Chirsty and I really try to be in the moment and be thankful that we have what we have. Lots of pluses to tandem and lots of negaitves.. You are doing a great job! Hang in there!

Today he was playing with my breasts and loving on the baby belly and clipped my nursing bra and said "Bye Bye. Bye Bye Boobies." And I figured, even if he never nursed again, thats a pretty cool connection he has to my body, regardless of if he's getting milk.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    Today he was playing with my breasts and loving on the baby belly and clipped my nursing bra and said "Bye Bye. Bye Bye Boobies." And I figured, even if he never nursed again, thats a pretty cool connection he has to my body, regardless of if he's getting milk.
    Mommy to Mary Louise, born 6/28/05, Self weaned at 2 years and 2 months

Mommy to Craig Isaac, born February 16, 2008, Self weaned 3 years and 4 months
    parttime

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

update?