Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cutting out pumping session-too early?

Default Cutting out pumping session-too early?

My DD is 3 months old and takes about 3 bottles while I am at work (totalling 12 oz). I pump between 15 and 18 oz per day pumping 3 times. Would it be okay for me to go down to pumping twice a day? I have a big freezer stash.

Default Re: Cutting out pumping session-too early?

Wow! That is a great output. It sounds like your supply is really good and you have plenty of backup. I think you could go ahead and decrease to 2 times a day, but do it slowly and if you think it is affecting your supply too much you can always add one back in.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Cutting out pumping session-too early?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Wow! That is a great output. It sounds like your supply is really good and you have plenty of backup. I think you could go ahead and decrease to 2 times a day, but do it slowly and if you think it is affecting your supply too much you can always add one back in.
    That's a lot of milk! My lo would take between 8 & 10 ounces while I was gone during a 9 hour period. I only pumped twice and would still pump at least 12 ounces a day. I did try to feed her or pump before I left for work in the morning because my breasts were always full. Just remember to cut out the session slowly so you don't get clogged ducts or mastitis. You're doing great!
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11