Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So tired!

Default So tired!

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to figure out why I've been feeling SO TIRED. All this week and last I've been waking up at 7:30 or 8am and I feel tired. And I'm not even waking up earlier but later bc I'm so tired. I go to bed at midnight though, but there seems like there no time in the day to do anything -or I don't have the energy to do it so it overwhelms me. I wasn't feeling like this a few weeks ago and the only new thing is that I'm taking supplements now. I was even exercising a couple of weeks ago and didn't feel this tired! So, I started taking my prenatals again, calcium, vitamin c, and a garlic supplement, and a dha supplement as well. I'm thinking I should have a lot of energy bc of the vitamins but...I don't and I don't know why? Could they be making me tired?
    Last edited by @llli*jaki.myny; July 18th, 2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: add info
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: So tired!

Stabbing in the dark...

Is LO preparing for a growth spurt?
    Have you gotten AF yet? Maybe it's cycle-related?

Do you think you might be pregnant?

I hope it gets better!

How old is your lo? Is there a growth spurt going on? Have you tried a nap during the day? Is the amount of sleep you are getting enough for your body normally? Any chance of prenancy? AF coming soon? Those are the things that make me tired.

Gotta love posting at the same time.
    Last edited by @llli*jcdandfamily; July 18th, 2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: add
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

I didn't think about the growth spurt possibility. My son is 11 months now, is he going through one? He's starting to take his first steps though so maybe he kind of is. And no AF yet but I have noticed more discharge lately that seems to be hinting towards this. And I hope I'm not pregnant bc we've had only protected sex.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Have you tried doing some exercise again? I find I feel worse if I don't do anything and it becomes a vicious circle of having no energy to do anything/not doing anything. It might give you a bit of time to yourself to unwind too so things aren't so overwhelming. I know it's easier said than done to find the time though!

At that age, I always got more tired if DS was nursing more. I just didn't have the reserves for the extra calories required to make more milk than usual.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.