Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bra help

Default Bra help

So I have been living in my nursing bras since DD was born in May and will be returning to work in 3 weeks and need some better support. I don't know if I should get a regular bra or try for a more supportive nursing bra - but I will be feeding DD at lunch and pumping in the morning and evening. I have a fairly large chest right now and I teach high schoolers - so I don't want to give them a show... Any suggestions on a good supportive nursing bra for the well endowed?

Default Re: Bra help

Fancy Free brands work great for me. I'm a 42F!! You can get them online or find a breastfeeding store near you.

I called a local LC, she measured me and sold me a Medela nursing bra that looks like a sports bra. Plenty of support for me. She also ordered another Medela for me to try on. I haven't liked any of the others I've worn or tried on as much as this one. Good luck.
    Tara

I totally understand...I teach HS too and am nervous about going back without a good supportive bra. I'm big for me, so I am not used to this rack I have, especially when I'm full and I can only pump at lunch time so I need something to keep the ladies up! I have found nursing bras at Motherhood. There are many different kinds. They have sleeping ones too. I wish I had a better support though, still! Good luck with your highschoolers!

I too have the same problem and found a great website for information and products. www.lactationconnection.com.
    (I hope I am not breaking a rule about suggesting websites... )

There are many, many nursing bras out there that are supportive and work well. You can try an internet search for nursing bras and see what comes up. LLL's magazine called New Beginnings sometimes has advertisements in it, too, for bras and other accessories.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Once I was in the swing and I had quit leaking so often, I started sometimes wearing regular bras. It does mean I have to strip farther down when I pump though. Good luck with the high schoolers! I dont know if you will be open about breastfeeding but a little tidbit about the benefits may help them understand.

I have loved the bras that I've purchased at Motherwear

They aren't too expensive, so you can stock up. We all know how often the laundry gets done when we're mothering and working full-time!

Autumn
    Wife to Christopher since 8-2-02
    Proud Mom of Ailish Grace, born 8-31-05

I actually stopped wearing nursing bras because after awhile I was just lifting those up and not using the clasps (I found the clasps to be awkward in public). I just don't wear underwire, although I'm not exactly what you would call well endowed....