Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: business trip

Default business trip

I will start working full time in a month or so and I am still nursing my 2 year-old (At least 5-6 times a day). Just after I go back to work I will have to go on a 2 day business trip and I don't know whether I should take him with me or not. I don't want him to think I am gone and feel like I am weaning him cold turkey and I certainly don't want him to wean but it will be really difficult to bring him along with me too. Are there any mothers with similar experiences? I can't decide what to do???

Default Re: business trip

No one with any experience on this???

I don't have experience with a 2 year old. I had my first business trip when DD was 5 months old and we made it through. The second trip, when DD was 9 months old, was harder because she expected me to be home at a certain time of the day (it was also a longer trip).

Has your LO ever taken a bottle? What would your LO do while you were working on the business trip? I assume you would bring another caregiver along as well? I am all for bring LO on business trips, if possible and rationale. If you are going to a conference that lasts all day and into the evening, it might be better for LO to stay home. But if you are working a "normal" day, then maybe it would work.

Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

I don't have any personal experience with this but is it possible if you take him with you to have someone there to help take care of him? Maybe a friend or a coworker there that has a teen (since it's sumer and all) that you could pay to come with you and help keep him occupied?

I guess it all depends on how busy you will be on this trip and if it would be practical as PP mentioned. I hope all goes well!
    Nikki

Wife to my best friend and mommy to our sweet little man born 4/07!

Still 'ing and loving life! We cloth!

I am leaving this evening on a 4 night trip without my 27 month twins. Fortunately, ever since they were 1, they have done fine in my absence. We only nurse 2-3x/day during the work week, though (more often weekends), and they are used to my being away during work hours. The only problem we've had was when they were much younger and they each went on brief nursing strikes (on different occasions) when I returned from trips out of town. My kids get defrosted MM in my absence.

Thank you very much for the responses. We decided that I will fly early in the morning and have my business stuff whole day while my husband will bring my son after he returns from work. They will probably arrive the next morning so my son still won't BF for about 24 hours, hopefully it won't hurt anything

when my DD was about 20 months I had to go on a 2 night business trip.

I was really worried because she co-sleeps (still nurses at night) and such.

She had a couple rough momments (standing at the bathroom door crying Mama when the door was shut) but was ready to attack me and nurse when i got home. Chances are - you will be fine