Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know I'm not alone

Default Re: I know I'm not alone

Yup, dd is just like this and she is only 7 mos!! she will be happily playing and if i walk in the room, she is like, "HEY, MOM, I'M DOWN HERE! PICK ME UP!!!" that is translated from the screams and growls that comes out of her now at dc, if i walk through the room (the staff bathroom is on the other side of the infant room) she burst into a fit. THe girls always say to her, "oh, honey, did you see your walking bottle?" I think it's funny, and kinda true. She has gotten to the point of seeing me, nursing for like a minute, then play for a while, then do the same. very tiring for mamma

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in

Katy has always been like this. Since day 1. She wants to be held basically 24/7...That is, if I'm around. She's "high needs" in every sense of the term. If I'm not there she plays by herself or is content to play with someone on the floor.

I was really afraid to leave her with the sitter when I returned to work b/c I thought she was going to be too demanding and the sitter would fire us! Seriously. To our surprise Katy has been very mild mannered the past several months and has been relatively "easy" for the sitter. But, like I said, when I'm around it's a different story.

Like your's, when I pick Katy up, she wiggles like she wants down, but cries when I put her down. It's very frustrating. I feel guilty when I'm not giving her 100% attention, but I can't do anything.

On another note, Ally has always been a "good" child and has been great for the sitters. However, sometimes when I pick her up in the evenings she displays some behavior that she doesn't during the day. My children are baffling to me and sometimes the sitter thinks I'm crazy when I tell her what happens at home, but like someone mentioned, children act out around their parents b/c they feel more secure with us.

You're definately not alone.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

West is worse for other people...We were at small group the other day and I tried to just leave him upstairs for a few minutes, real tears and all, it was his bed time though..
    Thomas can go eather way, the last 2 days he has been on an I need my me me deal constantly..? Normally though he is a lot better for other people?
    Thats how we want it though, right? On their best for someone else? Same kinda deal as growing up, my sister never ate veggies at home but would go to a friends house and eat anything they gave her?

Don't get me wrong. After about 45 minutes with someone else, he's crying hysterically for me. Even dh or my mom. But for the time he is there, before the meltdown, he's happy.

I just seriously can't believe I had 2 of them that can cry this much. Last night he nursed from 10-12, slept from 12-12:45, then was UP from 1-4. UP. Then he nursed from 4-6 and is up again. This has happened every day this week, and at least one night over the weekend. I am about to lose my mind.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*moose View Post
    Don't get me wrong. After about 45 minutes with someone else, he's crying hysterically for me. Even dh or my mom. But for the time he is there, before the meltdown, he's happy.

I just seriously can't believe I had 2 of them that can cry this much. Last night he nursed from 10-12, slept from 12-12:45, then was UP from 1-4. UP. Then he nursed from 4-6 and is up again. This has happened every day this week, and at least one night over the weekend. I am about to lose my mind.
    OMG!!! if i lived near you i would help everyday!! it can't last forever, right?
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Ds is eaxactly this way. I hear how sweet and docile he is at dc....they look at me like I am crazy when I ask if he's hit anyone or shown signs of hitting because he beats on me at home (which I don't allow but he still tries) He's always wanting to be helpd or right with me or touching me at all times at home but for everyone else, sweet and calm as can be! Very frustrating but at the same point at least I know he knows how to act with other people.
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*moose View Post
    Katy & I have many bonding issues b/c of all the crying/unhappiness. It just seems like she's never happy. She's content at times, but it always seems like it's at the expense of my happiness. I am more than happy to sacrifice for my children, but I get very frustrated sometimes. She takes every ounce of energy we have.

Katy nurses down for 2 hours every single night, wakes up 45 mins later to nurse again and then every 1.5-2 hours throughout the night. Between those times she's in a half-sleep. She sleeps the best from 4am-6am probably b/c she's exhausted from the night. I get up at 6am for work so I get by on these measley 2 hours of sleep.

I'm hoping it gets better soon, for all of us.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

My DD1 was a very high needs baby, especially before she learned to crawl/walk (at 9 and 10 mos, respectively). I feel she was mostly frustrated at not being able to move around! She was (and is) very curious and has an independent spirit. For a couple of months she constantly wanted to hold onto our hands and "walk" around. We had sore backs! Does W like doing that?
    I take it W doesn't like being worn?

She also woke and nursed a lot at night but at least she went back to sleep. I'm so sorry that he's keeping you up!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Man, I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself that I don't get enough sleep until I read this thread! Many to you mamas! You've got it rough right now! Hope it eases up SOON! Wish I could help!