Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know I'm not alone

Default I know I'm not alone

But I really need to hear it. Are your babies BETTER when you're not around? Ds cries all the time if I am around, but if I leave him with someone for a bit (like 30-45 minutes) he is a gem! He plays on the floor by himself, entertains himself, smiles and is happy. As SOON as I walk back into the room, he is screaming again. Generally unhappy, unless he is being carried. And while I'm carrying him, he acts like he wants down, leaning over, wrestling me, but as soon as I put him down, he acts like I clubbed him over the head (which is ONLY what I thought of doing as soon as he started fussing--I swear I've never actually done it ).

This is a lot of the reason my elbow is in the state its in--the constantly having to hold his dead weight, as he leans over reaching for the ground.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Default Re: I know I'm not alone

Ian used to be like that at times. I know it can be very frustrating!
    Steff, proud mom to:
    Ian (6) born naturally
    breastfed from 7/3/06 to 6/16/08
    &
    Erin (4) born naturally (with Hypnobirthing)
    breastfed from 5/18/08 to around 5/18/10
    &
    Seamus (3), my allergy baby, born naturally (with slacker Hypnobirthing) breastfed from 12/28/09 to 8/20/11
    &
    Connor (1) breastfed from 12/28/11 to current

Ian's age ticker Erin's age ticker Seamus' age ticker
    Connor's age ticker

W sounds so much like my 1 year old nephew. My sister is often tired and drained from the demands that he puts on her. He does the same thing, wants up, but then is squirmy when hes there. It is getting better now that he is almost walking. It seems he wants to ability to go anywhere he wants.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*moose View Post
    But I really need to hear it. Are your babies BETTER when you're not around? Ds cries all the time if I am around, but if I leave him with someone for a bit (like 30-45 minutes) he is a gem! He plays on the floor by himself, entertains himself, smiles and is happy. As SOON as I walk back into the room, he is screaming again. Generally unhappy, unless he is being carried. And while I'm carrying him, he acts like he wants down, leaning over, wrestling me, but as soon as I put him down, he acts like I clubbed him over the head (which is ONLY what I thought of doing as soon as he started fussing--I swear I've never actually done it ).

This is a lot of the reason my elbow is in the state its in--the constantly having to hold his dead weight, as he leans over reaching for the ground.
    Yes, he is better when he thinks I am not around. Last night I hid in the kitchen so DH could rock him back to sleep when he thought he was taking a nap instead of going down for the night. DS didn't cry once, but if he had noticed I was home, he would have thrown a fit even if I was the one rocking him. He also does the wanting to be held, but acting like he wants down thing.

dd is always good when others are watching her. She is 2 1/2. She does all of her whining, crying and sassy behavior for dh and me.

ds is 8 months. He cannot function if I am away for more than 90 minutes. He has a TOTAL meltdown and panic attack. Needless to say, this is getting very stressful for Mama!

I've read that kids have the meltdowns with mom and dad because they feel most secure. In a way that is so sweet. On the other hand, it is VERY FRUSTRATING!
    Becca SAHM to
    Veronica 10/31/05

and Preston 10/28/07

<--- me!
    (I love this smiley!)

I finally got on Facebook! If anyone wants to be my
    friend.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*beccamomof2 View Post
    I've read that kids have the meltdowns with mom and dad because they feel most secure. In a way that is so sweet. On the other hand, it is VERY FRUSTRATING!
    That is comforting.

Every day when I pick DJ up from Daycare my DCP looks at me in disbelief. DJ is wonderful and sweet for her. Always has been. I have to get him out of there before he gets terrible and 1/s the time he tries to break away and run down the street while I'm trying to get him in the car. Mind you they go out side EVERY DAY, 8kids and two adults and they say "Don't go past the tree in the yard" and all the kids STAY in the yard with no fence!
    DJ acts like he is an Olympic Runner from Kenya ANYTIME we are out in public together and he isn't wearing his back pack. When we went to the beach with Serena and Will I had to follow him as he ran from one end of the beach to the other, tried to get in the consession stand, and then try to keep him fro getting run over in the parking lot and NOT to go into the Resort right up from the beach. Yeah. And two days a week while hanging out with 7 other toddlers with no fence he just stays in the yard.

Way too lazy for formula

the older my kids got the worse they became for others... Or at least worse than what I thought they should behave with others... But as babies that is how it was. But I think it works on the same principle and I was talking about with regard to the nephew you had in your house and how to teach him how to behave in your home and how to respond to you. Kids know what is expected of them and what they're parents will give them/do for them. THey also learn what others have to offer them...
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

When Pearce is with the girls and I'm not around, they play together while he does things around the house and they seem to have no problem with it. Norah will even crawl around from room to room, happily following them.

Enter Mommy. Norah is whining to be held, and if there is going to be any play between the girls I have to get down on their level. I cannot sit in a chair next to them...I'm too far away. With Mommy right in the mix is the only way we play.

There are exceptions of course, they have their moments (good and bad), but no...you are not alone.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

No, you're not alone. DD has gone in and out of this phase. Around the 1 year mark I remember it being awful- she would play happily as long as I was absent but the moment she saw me, she was crying and wanting to be picked up.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"