Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: dom and pumping questions

Question dom and pumping questions

So the last two days have been really bad as far as pumping goes since i have been moving out of my apartment and into my house. So now that things have dramatically slowed down in my house hold I wanted to get really focused on uping my supply. So my question is do you think it would be beneficial for me to pump and get all that I can out and then wait fifteen minutes and then pump again to get as much as I can out and just continue with that pattern every 2 hours? And my second question is where do you find the dom, can your doctor write you a script for it? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Default Re: dom and pumping questions

I think squeezing the extra sessions in would be good, if you can stand it.

Re Dom: If you are in the US, you can get it legally from a compounding pharmacist. But you do need a prescription, and most US doctors won't give one. In other countries (like Canada or the U.K.), I believe it's a regular prescription item.

Some people in the U.S. order it online from overseas without a prescription. But the legality (and safety) of doing this is questionable.

The lowmilksupply.org website has some info about increasing your milk supply: http://www.lowmilksupply.org/increas...tagogues.shtml using galactogogues, although in a quick look I did not see any info regarding pregnancy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

As the previous poster said, if it turns out that you are not able to increase your milk supply, we are here to help you and your daughter deal with weaning.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllmarianne View Post
    The lowmilksupply.org website has some info about increasing your milk supply: http://www.lowmilksupply.org/increas...tagogues.shtml using galactogogues, although in a quick look I did not see any info regarding pregnancy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

As the previous poster said, if it turns out that you are not able to increase your milk supply, we are here to help you and your daughter deal with weaning.
    I think you have the wrong person I'm not pregnant, but thanks for the website

Oops. I don't know what made me think you were pregnant. Sorry about that.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader