Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeps pulling off and re-latching

Default Re: Keeps pulling off and re-latching

You are coming up on 3 months, correct? Could be prime time for a growth spurt.

What is the best way to handle a growth spurt? Follow your child's lead. Baby will automatically get more milk by nursing more frequently, and your milk supply will increase due to the increased nursing. It is not necessary (or advised) to supplement your baby with formula or expressed milk during a growth spurt. Supplementing (and/or scheduling feeds) interferes with the natural supply and demand of milk production and will prevent your body from getting the message to make more milk during the growth spurt.
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurt.html
    Formula may not solve your problems though, as formula fed babies have fussy periods too. It can be hard to be BFing all the time, especially during the trying days. It's wonderful to have a place like this forum to come and vent , and to be reminded that you are not alone!!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Thanks OWITHouse...I know that formula isn't the solution, it just gets so frustrating when he won't eat that I wish I could just "plug him" and it will fix itself, you know?

I am waiting to hear back from Dr. Newman to see if he has any openings this week.

He could very well be going through a growth spurt...he's been "off schedule" for the past few days (lol..ya right..a schedule with a baby?

We went through the same freak out this morning.

I hope Dr. Newman is available.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*polarbear View Post
    Thanks OWITHouse...I know that formula isn't the solution, it just gets so frustrating when he won't eat that I wish I could just "plug him" and it will fix itself, you know?
    I do know, I have been there myself. I found not keeping formula in the house at all helped me to not want to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*polarbear View Post
    I am waiting to hear back from Dr. Newman to see if he has any openings this week.
    How exciting to be able to see Dr. Newman!!! I love his videos, they helped me a lot in the early days. Let us know what he, or any other pedi you may see, says!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*only.woman.in.the.house View Post

How exciting to be able to see Dr. Newman!!! I love his videos, they helped me a lot in the early days. Let us know what he, or any other pedi you may see, says!
    I am pretty lucky to have Dr. Newman close-by. He actually just opened another office near my house. I have seen him twice now and he has helped me a great deal.

I actually started BFing my DS 2 weeks after he was born (Thanks to Dr. Newman and his co-worker Timea)

I will let you know the outcome.