Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just A Question...

Default Re: Just A Question...

Awww! My baby girl is a boob addict!! YAY!!!! I'm glad to hear that she needs me so much. Thanks Ladies!

Such a nice feeling to have your baby addicted to you isn't it!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommyme View Post
    Hi!! I was hoping someone could answer this question for me. My husband and I are very curious. I have been breastfeeding my daughter since day 1. I also pump and bottle feed occasionally. I have 2 other children and sometimes it's just not possible to sit down and nurse her. Anyway. Yesterday was a very busy day and I was only able to nurse my daughter in the morning, then I pumped and bottle fed the rest of the day. At around 2 p.m. she started to get very cranky and kept acting like she was hungry,she would root like crazy on anything, so my husband kept making her bottles. She would eat 1 or 2 ounces and that was it, but she kept acting fussy. When I got home I made dinner and the whole time she was fussy and would only nap for 20 minutes at a time. No amount of breastmilk in the bottle was enough. After dinner I took her to her room, she was crying the entire way, sat down and nursed her. As soon as I put her to my breast she got quiet and ate like a champ!! Now, my question is this......is it possible that she was going through withdrawals? Do breastfed babies need their mothers' breast? Thanks so much!
    No offense but don't you think its quicker to just sit and feed baby then to drang out the pump, pump the milk, put it in a bottle etc etc???? I always did
    I am sure she just missed her mama. Have you thought of getting a sling or wrap so you can keep her close to you all day? You can even nurse in them I hear...

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Agre with all PP, When I went back to work my DH would Bottle Feed our DD from 7 am to 7pm. when I walked in the door at 7 pm she would eat every hour until she went to bed. There were times that she at 5oz at 5 pm and then nursed at 7, 8 and 9. Most definatley a comfort thing. Now that I have decided to stay home with her she will not take a bottle EVER. It is like she forgot how to use it.
    *leslie*
    Proud mama of Aubrey Anna; BF since 1/22/2008
    born 6 weeks early weighed 4lbs 6oz, got down to 4lb even.
    2 weeks 4lbs 4oz
    1 month 5lbs 12oz
    2 months 8 lbs 6oz
    4 months 12lbs 6 oz

"jersey cow" attached to my pump for the first month since she was in the hospital so long. (that was worse than anything my daughter can do to me)

BF goals: 1 month, 2 months, 3 months (back to work), 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, and where ever we end up

Smile Re: Just A Question...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kmama2 View Post
    No offense but don't you think its quicker to just sit and feed baby then to drang out the pump, pump the milk, put it in a bottle etc etc???? I always did
    I am sure she just missed her mama. Have you thought of getting a sling or wrap so you can keep her close to you all day? You can even nurse in them I hear...
    It is tiring and I hate sitting there for 20 minutes pumping, but I like to have a supply ready. When it was time to pump she wasn't ready to eat, so I pumped and ran out the door. And she take forever to eat!! She is the laziest eater ever! I have to strip her naked o keep her awake! LOL!!

I am definitely going to get one of those slings!! I need that thing!